This dinner was born out of a lack of time. I didn’t want to spend an hour in the kitchen, and this meal took only 35 minutes to make. Plus it’s freaking delicious and simple. Without further ado…
Total time: 35 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1 inch ginger
- 3 Tbsp coconut aminos
- 3 cups and 5 Tbsp water divided
- 1 cup green lentils
- 3 heads broccoli (roughly 3 cups when chopped)
- 3/4 cup hemp seeds (hulled)
- Rinse the lentils, and then combine 2 cups water and the lentils in a small saucepan on high heat covered.
- When the lentils reach a boil reduce heat to low simmer for 22 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile finely chop the garlic and ginger, and coarsely chop the broccoli
- In a large pot heat 1 cup water on high heat covered. When boiling add steamer rack and then broccoli and cover.
- Steam broccoli for 5 minutes and then remove from heat
- Heat a skillet on medium. Then add garlic, ginger, 5 Tbsp water and coconut aminos for 2 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Reduce skillet heat to low and then add the hemp seeds. Cook for 2-3 minutes until the hemp seeds have absorbed most of the liquid.
Calories: 493, Fat: 21 g, Carbs: 58 g, Fiber: 16 g, Protein: 30 g
and plenty of Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Iron, Vitamin K, Manganese and more
If you do try the recipe, let me know what you think in the comments 🙂